I AM PISSED. Now, you'd think I have quite a lot of good karma stored up by now, what, with all the generous help I give to commanders either moving here to Colonia or contemplating it and just needing some good advice. But the pad techs at Colonia Dream informed me there were some new enhancements to the upgraded primary controls computer system that I have in all my ships. These upgraded systems have allowed me to hand a lot more control off to Eden, and layer commands via the cockpit seat switches. It really has added a new level of convenience to flying my fleet. So, obviously, these enhancements weren't free, but they weren't too expensive, either. I gave the techs the go-ahead to install the new firmware on all my ships. It was going to take a couple of days to hit all 17 vessels, but I had enough work that I needed to do in my apartment to keep me pre-occupied. I told them to take their time but do it right.
When they notified me the updates were done, I decided to take an hour or two to see if there were any noticeable differences. That was a mistake. I'd say having controls inverted, most of my key commands completely absent and nearly crashing into the inside of the station, all qualify as noticeable differences. Not good ones. Once I got the ship back on the pad and in the hangar, I decided to see if any of my other ships were affected similarly. The answer was a resounding YES. All of them. Every single one. None of them were flyable.
As I dug deeper into the problem, I found there was no way to restore the old firmware. Huge gaps were missing, inexplicably. So, for the past two days I've been manually re-building all the routines and sub-routines, testing to see if I'd missed anything. I'm still not all the way there, yet, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Stick and throttle now seem to be reacting properly, but this is a painful process of editing and testing.
I've run across no clues as to how or why this happened...or if it was sabotage.