NORMA EXPANSE - somewhere in the unknown
Next waypoint is a class O star CMDR
- I think we have finished exploring the current star system, engage the procedure for the hyperdrive, standard protocol.
Jumping to star systems is never a routine while exploring, you always have that mix of hope (will I discover an astonishing star system ? ), fear (will my malfunctioning hyperdive bring me there ?) and realism (there is a high probability that there is just a single class O star, maybe already discovered)
As soon as the KS Takla-Makan made is entry in the star system, CMDR Kundalini engaged the throttle and made a circumnavigation maneuver around the star while making a discovery scan.
- This system seems promising, there is a lot of astonomical objects.
CMDR I detect an anomaly
- Great news, I like anomalies !
CMDR it is not an astronomical anomaly, it is rather a human signal...it seems to be probes being launched.
- What, nobody has reached this system since the beginning of times, and you say there is another CMDR here, just now !
I can't be affirmative, we are too far away and the signal is very low.
- mark the source of the signal on the navigation pannel !
CMDR Kundalini engaged full throttle in the general direction of the marker, busy monitoring the increase of heat while scooping.
At this range we should have a signal, but there is none
- search for high wake.
there is no such signal CMDR
Even without having used the FSS, CMDR Kundalini knew that ahead there were an ammonia world.
- I will maneuver to the dark side of this planet.
CMDR, we have a low wake
Hearing these words, CMDR Kundalini reduced the throttle and changed is course, not without a thrill. The krait phantom then dropped to the low wake.
We have no signal CMDR
- Bordel de merde !
CMDR Kundalini tried different settings of the sensors, honked, deployed the xeno scanner and the frame shift wake scanner like a fool.
- I carry all this useless stuff and the day I just need a valid scanner, nothing.
Sensors setted to maximum range, lights on, the KS Takla-Makan started to scan the area.
- I see like a deep black shadow standing still out here. As there is no signal the source should be nearing absolute zero.
KS Takla-Makan was just few meters away from the vessel, with full lights on it and stayed like this for a couple of minutes.
This vessel is silent running, I detect no damage nor caustic damages.
CMDR Kundalini never saw a vessel like this one, it was covered with a crust made of a mix of titanium rust (shouldn't exist) and what looks like xeno-fungus.
- Et maintenant on fait quoi ?
CMDR Kundalini positionned himself in front of the cockpit of the unknown vessel, with full lights on it.
- There is a CMDR and he is alive... I will try a military salute.
The opposite CMDR responded with a due o7, expelled a heat sink, and started to move away, charging the frame shift drive.
Once the mysterious stranger was somewhere between stars, CMDR Kundalini had these words that nobody could hear.
- Fly safe CMDR.