The Imperial Enforcement Division [I.E.D.] is known as one of the most dedicated policing player factions for the Xbox One version of Elite Dangerous. With this comes great responsibility and honor as we pride ourselves in protecting those, who cannot defend themselves, against criminal players and criminal factions.
1). ‘Clean Player’ -
**Must meet all of the below with exception to bulletin point #1.7. Bulletin point #1.7 will be dealt with on a case by case basis and discussed among I.E.D. leadership. I.E.D. ultimately holds the authority to determine who is a clean player and who is not [towards our faction].
1.1). Player is clean in current system (not wanted).
1.2). Player is clean in galaxy as a whole (not wanted).
1.3). Player has no bounties or dormant bounties from griefing and/or ganking player(s) commanders.
1.4). Players’ history is clean from any griefing and/or ganking.
1.5). Player does not associate himself or herself with any known criminal faction(s).
1.6). Player does not associate himself or herself with any known criminal player(s).
- Association is taking part in the actions of criminal faction(s) and/or player(s).
1.7). Player refrains from making any negative comments in game towards other clean players.
2). ‘Griefing’ -
- Any offensive action, towards a clean player(s), that results in [or] inhibits that clean player(s) from making any/all advancement(s) within in the game and/or for the game.
- i.e. A clean player(s) running goods for a CG (community goal) is ganked [ganking] by a criminal player(s) which prevents that clean player(s) from furthering the CG.
3). ‘Ganking’ –
- Griefer(s) [griefing] gang up on and attack one (or more, but always of a smaller number than the ganker(s) [ganking]) clean player(s).
4). ‘Criminal’ –
- Player who demonstrates actions defined by griefing and/or ganking.
5). ‘K.O.S.’ [‘KOS’] –
- Kill On Site with or without warning. i.e. With or without attempt to establish communication via in game chat.
I.E.D. Rules of engagement:
- Any player(s) that demonstrates acts of ganking and/or griefing a clean player(s) will be put on I.E.D.’s KOS list.
- Any player(s) who has a bounty of 1,000 cr., or higher, who is not allied with I.E.D., will be destroyed once to clear bounty unless her or she continues to demonstrate acts of ganking and/or griefing. [Communication will be attempted prior to engagement in attempts to establish the 1,000cr.+ bounty was not an accident.]
- If a player faction, as a whole, and/or leader(s), of a player faction, claims and/or declares itself [player faction] demonstrating any action(s) of griefing; will be placed on I.E.D.’s KOS list.
- If any player(s) and/or faction(s) is on I.E.D.’s KOS list, from previous known ganking and/or griefing actions; that player(s) or faction(s) will be engaged at any time with or without warning regardless if said player(s) or faction(s) are clean [no bounties/not wanted] is current system.
How to be removed from I.E.D.’s KOS list:
- To be removed from I.E.D.’s KOS list the criminal player(s) or criminal faction(s) will have to come to terms, set forth by I.E.D., and a truce will then be made.
Terms of Truce:
- Criminal player(s) or faction(s) will agree not to engage in anymore forms of griefing and/or ganking.
- If, after the truce has been formed, any player(s) who demonstrate acts of griefing and/or ganking; the truce will be broken, and that player(s) will be placed back on I.E.D.’s KOS indefinitely. [There will be no further accommodations and/or chances to form another truce].
- If, after the truce has been formed, any player faction(s) who demonstrate acts of griefing and/or ganking; the truce will be broken, and that faction(s) will be placed back on I.E.D.’s KOS indefinitely. [There will be no further accommodations and/or chances to form another truce].
- If a single player, of a player faction who is at truce with I.E.D., demonstrates griefing and/or ganking; discussion will then be held among the leaders of I.E.D. and said faction [faction name] on how to proceed.
-Four possible outcomes:
o Either the player faction, as a whole, will be placed back on I.E.D.’s KOS list indefinitely.
o Player, who committed criminal acts will be placed on I.E.D.'s KOS list indefinitely.
o That player will be removed from said player faction and the player faction will remain in truce with I.E.D.
o That player will take a death by I.E.D. in the same ship he or she used during the act of griefing and/or ganking while at truce with I.E.D..
The Imperial Enforcement Division is, at foremost, a policing faction who serve and protect those who cannot protect themselves. Acts of violence against this will result in the above consequences.