Welcome to Cobra Kai!
The idea behind Cobra Kai came from a lively discussion between several commanders during the early days of October 3302. The local factions did not appear to have the tools available to stem the influx of criminals appearing at sanctioned Community Goals in their systems, and the Pilots Federation seemed only to observe with indifference. The commanders came to the conclusion that it was up to them to try to change the status quo. They were under no illusions that they could permanently deter criminals from appearing at the Community Goals, but they could atleast draw the criminals' attention and thereby allow an additional trader or two to safely dock at the Station.
Who are we?
We are first and foremost a group of players with the same preferred playstyle and mindset. We don't mind putting ourselves in harms way, and do so deliberately, to keep non-combatants a bit safer.
What is our goal?
Our main goal is to protect non-combatants and disrupt the players who are on the wrong side of the law. Our main focus is on Community Goals, but we perform our duties at other places in the Galaxy as well.
Above all, our goal is to have fun!
What are our guidelines?
We don't have many rules, but we do follow some basic guidelines:
How are we organized?
- Since we play on the side of the Law, we fly with Report Crimes Against Me: ON* at all times! Exceptions to this are when we are doing general PvP Practice, like agreed upon duels, Large Wing fights, etc
- We use all legitimate tools available to us to annoy, disrupt or kill commanders who commit crimes. The Station is our ally, and so are the Station's Guns!
- We do not use broken mechanics (eg Heat Cannons, Blindspots in Stations) unless they are specifically used by the criminal we are after.
- We do not Combat Log, including graceful exits via the Main Menu. We accept that there is an inherent risk to our activities, and that we may see the Rebuy Screen as a consequence of them. Any member being faced with irrefutable evidence that they have combat logged from a fight will be removed from the roster.
- We do not berate criminals as long as they are playing within the rules of the game, however broken some mechanics may be. Without the criminals our game would be less enjoyable.
- Non-combatants are our customers, and their safe docking at the Station is our reward.
*Note. Flying with Crimes On may cause the Outlaw to immediately leave the fight if System Security shows up, so for Birds of Prey it may be advisable to turn them off if the intent is to collect the Outlaw's Bounty
Cobra Kai is divided into three Roles, or Squadrons, that reflect each player's preferred playstyle or method of disruption.
Their main objective is to be a nuisance to criminals lurking in Supercruise. A fast build with an FSD Interdictor is the trademark of this role.
The SOP for Mosquitos is to interdict as many criminals as possible, and run out of weapons range when the interdiction is complete. The longer the criminal is kept in the Normal Space instance the better, as that is time spent that they are unable to attack non-combatants.
Note that chain interdictions in this role is NOT harassment, as it is not done to target a specific commander, but rather keeping known criminals busy to protect the non-combatants. If the criminal decides to leave the system due to the continued disruptions, it's considered a win for the Mosquito.
Spamming "Meep Meep!" in Local Chat gives bonus points!
Their main objective is to be a nuisance with a sting. A fast build with some weapons are the pre-requisites. Torpedoes (Cascade), Missiles, Mines are all legitimate in this role. Only the imagination limits the choice of arms.
The SOP for Wasps is to either interdict criminals or jump into a spotted interdiction wake, and then zoom around the criminal(s) while taking potshots at them. The object is to stay alive as long as possible, while also weakening the criminal a bit to keep them on their toes.
Birds of Prey Squadron
Their main objective is to be the hunters. These are fully engineered Combat Builds designed to kill criminals. 'Nuff said.
The SOP for BoPs is easy; find criminals and kill them. Creating a Wing of BoPs is highly recommended, as plenty of criminals are known to fly in packs.
NOTE: Roles are not an indication of experience, but only of preferred playstyle and there are no inferior Roles! They all make up what Cobra Kai is about! Due to our Roles not requiring anything but a fast small ship, everyone can join Cobra Kai and make a difference
Are you a Cobra Kai?
If you identify with the above and want to be part of Cobra Kai sign up on this page, then head on over to our Discord Server
. Let a Manager there know that you have signed up here and your application will be reviewed as soon as possible.
NOTE: The current players in our group are currently all on PC, but we are not a PC-exclusive wing. If you are on XBOX or PS4, you are more than welcome to join us.