The Fatherhood is a wing that was originally set up for anyone who splits their time between their families or a busy career and the Pilots Federation, but has since evolved beyond this and all are welcome to fly with us.
We are a large community focused group for all the pilots out there who find it hard to schedule gaming time due to a busy career or looking after our families. Dads, Mums, Husbands, Wives, busy career professionals or long shift workers - you will find a home with us.
The Fatherhood is aimed at bringing together these pilots so we can wing up and explore the galaxy, take part in community events, haul cargo, and go mining or bounty hunting safe in the knowledge that we will look out for one another and more importantly, have some fun and make new friends.
We play in Open, Private and Solo and have members across all time zones ready to wing up. We have our own Player Minor Faction in game which we actively support.
We welcome pilots of any skill level, from any platform, all you need is a ship.
When the kids go to bed, we go to space....
History of The Fatherhood
A band of former traders, military officers, fighter pilots and mercenaries who after a few Lavian Brandys during one of their regular reunions in a Kolagan cantina, decided to form a group that would work hard, work together, and use their combined skills and experience to bring in the credits for the next generation of pilots, their children. On this day, The Fatherhood was born.
Now, working out of their base in the Hajangai system and with the re-appearance of long forgotten dangers and ancient mysteries, they find themselves fighting not only for the next generation of pilots, but for all of humanity itself...
We are currently based out of Schwann Port and Lee Orbital in the Hajangai system, and have also expanded our operations to some neighbouring systems. Whilst we strive to consolidate and secure our area of space, we do not officially endorse any specific galactic power, and are happy to work with Powerplay factions where necessary
What we do
As a wing, we participate in many of the pilot roles available throughout the galaxy, making sure we can be called upon to help out whenever and wherever we are needed.
- Exploration - The Fatherhood counts many explorers amongst our ranks, and we actively participate in community expeditions and deep space exploration.
- Bounty Hunting and Combat - we often wing up for bounty hunting in Resource Extraction Sites or Combat ops in Conflict Zones, helping each other to earn credits and honing our combat skills
- Trading - the bread of butter of credit making, we love to haul the goods.
- Mining - we enjoy winging up to bust rocks, and if mining is not your thing, you can fly fighter escort to protect the mining ships
- Search and Rescue - Due to the increasing number of starport attacks, we are conducting SAR and repair efforts at the damaged stations, as well as pilot rescue operations.
- Pleiades Sector Operations - with the re-appearance of the Thargoids, we are [REDACTED - Clearance level Alpha 2 or above required]
- Science - Interested in Guardian Tech or Xenobiology? - come fly with our research ships.
- Tourism - our wing has plenty of luxurious passenger vessels, and we enjoy flying the rich and (in)famous around the galaxy
- Freelancer/Space Cowboy/Anything else - some of our pilots just go their own way, keeping to the wing code and enjoying the freedom that a starship brings
- NO GRIEFING. The Fatherhood does not grief other pilots, this is our primary rule. Do not fire on other pilots, unless first fired upon.
- NO COMBAT LOGGING. Failure to comply with this rule will result in removal from the Wing.
- Be respectful to one another, we set the example for others to follow.
- Help your fellow CMDRS
- Don't be afraid to ask for help
- Have fun!
We welcome coalition proposals from any wing that shares a similar ethos to our own, and count some of the greatest known wings as our friends and allies.
How do I join?
Send an application via inara (Please ensure you complete Platform, Timezone and Preferred Role fields)
These can be found in SETTINGS under Commander Settings.
Join us on Discord
- app is available on smartphones and great for text chat, easy to use and has voice chat option too.
- We have our own Private Group on PC that we use sometimes for events and screenshots - further info available when you join
- Join our PlayStation 4 Community Page (Elite Dangerous - The Fatherhood). For PG access, send a message to TK7725 on PSN
- Join our Club on Xbox Live clubs (Elite Dangerous The Fatherhood) Send a message to ARC NC 327
on Xbox Live
You can also contact us on TWITTER
Join our Facebook Group - The Fatherhood
Follow our wing channel on twitch
Follow us on Instagram
See you out there Commanders...
Disclaimer: As a large wing, we have pilots from all walks of life and the views expressed by individual commanders in game or on social media, chat etc are the views and opinions of the individual only, and not representative of the wing as a whole. If you have any issues, please contact a member of the HQ team - Thanks.