Like vikings... but in space.
We of the Skjaldorg are an international multi-gaming community focused on having fun in a chill adult atmosphere and shooting b!$%es in the face ..errr being the best at what we are. Currently, we have active chapters and game nights in MWO, ARMA, ELITE: Dangerous, and (once released) Star Citizen. We have long term goals in Elite including becoming a recognized power.
- Currently there is no age requirement, though <18 will have special consideration as to how they would fit in to our gaming community
- TeamSpeak is required for coordination and socialization
- Members are expected to keep up to date on our forums, especially the news and events sections. Inactivity will result in AWOL status, further inactivity in removal of membership.
- Applicants are expected to read, understand, and follow the Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
All members are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
- Be excellent to each other. We are all adults, and we are all looking for an enjoyable time online. So don’t be dicks to each other. This applies to your interaction with members as well as non-members. Personal attacks will receive a Warning, whether it is on the forums, on Teamspeak, or elsewhere.
- Be constructively critical. It is fine to have disagreements and I guarantee that there will be some, but don’t attack the person. If the attack is personal, a Warning will be issued. If the person is simply being non-constructive, moderators will step in to try to get things on track. If the offender continues to be disruptive, they will be Warned.
- If you say you’ll do something, stick to it, or at least inform people you can’t. We love when people set up group activities, but don’t leave your fellows hanging. If you can’t make something, do your best to let people know. Repeated occurrences of no-show-no-notice will lead to a Warning.
- Participate in the forums and on Teamspeak. Both are needed for us to be a well rounded community. We can’t get to know each other if we never interact. It is required that you check in on the forums at least monthly, or else you may be removed for inactivity. We cannot track TS participation, but we can take admittedly highly subjective samples from our officers and HR to see if people are ever around, and use that sampling in our inactivity decisions.
- Check the drama. No one is here because they enjoy being babysitters and mediating personal conflicts. If people are continually disruptive and spreading drama, they will first be asked to stop, then begin to receive Warnings and face possible removal.
- Show your allegiance, be proud to be Skjaldorg. You’re here to be part of this community, so we would hope you would want to proudly fly our standard in whatever game you happen to be in. This is only enforced in our Official Branches. HOWEVER, there may be exceptions granted.
Members are expected to follow this Code with each other, but also externally, when they are showing their affiliation to us.
Tip: You can multisort columns by using Shift key.